- San Diego State University, B.S. in Health Science, Magna Cum Laude
- University of Alabama at Birmingham, certificate in Surgical Physician Assistant
- California State License
- Masters in Physician Assistant Studies with an emphasis in Dermatology
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
- Member of the following professional organizations: Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants, American Academy of Physician Assistants, and International Society of Laser Cosmetic Surgery.
Shanah Gavia, PA-C, MPAS is an extraordinarily qualified Los Angeles dermatological Physician's Assistant. She specializes in a bevy of cosmetic and medical procedures. She has worked alongside Dr. Douglas Hamilton since January 2001.
Shanah is proficient in advanced filler techniques, including the repair of tear-trough deformities and malar creases. She has performed 1000+ Thermage, Vasculight and N-lite procedures. Shanah was featured on Telemundo for her efficiency in Vasculight. She is experienced in advanced Botox techniques as well as a myriad of other cosmetic applications such as; Sclerotherapy, Restylane, Zyplast, Juvederm, Perlane, chemical peels, laser hair removal and tattoo removal. Shanah is experienced in treating various dermatological conditions as well. She has lectured other medical professionals in her field on acne and skin rejuvenation.
Shanah continues her education in dermatology in attending seminars and conferences pertaining to both general and cosmetic dermatology. She remains certified with her California state license and with the National Commision on Certification of Physician Assistants. She is a member of the following professional organizations: Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants, American Academy of Physician Assistants, and International Society of Laser Cosmetic Surgery.
For more information: What is a PA-C? (http://www.nccpa.net/Public.aspx)